Wednesday, September 27, 2006

More Yummies!!

First up is some gorgeous alpaca roving. This stuff is SO soft and light. I cant wait to try spinning it! There is a bit of VM as you can see in the pic, but nothing I cant take care of. Theres a full 10 ounces here, 30 yards! And I got it for a mere $18 :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This next is some shiney banana silk yarn from http://www.recycledsilk.com Its color is Vine and I bought it to go with the banana silk I bought off ebay (see previous post). Ive knit a hat with them and its just so pretty! Ill try to get a pic of me in it today.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a full fleece I got off ebay. Its Jacob and just full of lanolin and Ive discovered that I adore the scent of sheep! It looks a little yellowed and dingy here but I took a handfull and washed it and after a bit o cleanin it sparkles like new snow. Its really beautiful!

That fleece came from the ewe below. They sent her picture with it. Her name is Valentine :o)------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is some Cotswold wool. I guess people use this alot for doll making. For bears and wigs and things. Its quite pretty though this bunch seems to have been washed to death. It feels dry and is a little dusty. But I think I can come up with SOMETHING to do with it!


No comments: